Recent studies show that optimism can have a powerful impact on your health. It seems that those who have a positive view of their health often fare better. It has not be proven "how" this works in the body, but studies show interesting results. For a more detailed look at a recent study, read Skip the Vitamins, Use Optimism to Lift Immune System.
If you are not a naturally optimistic person, don’t be discouraged. Here are a
few tips to help you adjust your thinking to a more positive perspective:
1. Start off each day with a positive thought. It will help you set the
tone for how you will choose to think for the day.
2. Smile, smile, smile. Smiling will draw others toward you creating a
positive exchange and will guarantee to lift your mood.
3. Live one day at a time. Stop worrying about the past and the future.
Focus on the present and make that day the best it can be.
4. Find a good support system. Pick associates that are going to
encourage positive thinking and will help you work through your negative
If optimistic thinking still feels difficult, seek professional help. A mental
health care professional will be able to help you uncover the cause of your
negative thinking and provide working tools to guide you through the change.
|ADD & ADHD|
|ASPERGER & MARRIAGE|
|COUPLES IN BUSINESS|
|DEPRESSION & STRESS|
|HIGH CONFLICT DIVORCE|
|MIND & BODY HEALTH|
|ADD in Adults|
|Parenting a Child with ADD|
|Coping with Anxiety Disorders|
|Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder|
|Conquering Fears & Phobias|
|Overcoming Social Phobia|
|Couples at Work & Home|
|Dual Career Couples|
|Families in Business|
|Recognizing High Conflict Divorce|
|Conflict & Communication|
|Couples at Work & Home|
|Love, Sex & Intimacy|
|Maintaining Strong Marriage|
|Dual Career Couples|
|Advice for Singles Only|
|Managing Blood Pressure|
|Releasing Unresolved Stress|
|Am I a Good Parent|
|Coping with ADD/ADHD|
|When to Seek Help|
|Laid-Off from Work|
|What is Career Coach|
|Calendar of Events|
|Related New Stories|
|Enriching Your Live Archive|
|Entrepreneurial Couples Archive|
Enriching Your Life!
Sign up for my FREE newsletter! Get practical tips for you and your family.
Kathy Marshack News
- Is Mansplaining Keeping You from Being Heard?
- Are You Mentally and Emotionally Prepared to Retire from Your Job?
- A No Cost Treatment for Depression, Memory Loss and ADHD – Go for a Hike!
- Understanding Autism - Why Do They Have Trouble Making Eye Contact?
- How to Handle the Loneliness of a NT/ASD Relationship
- Men vs. Women When Making Decisions - Can You Leverage Your Differences?
- Why Do Ones with Asperger’s Syndrome Always Say NO!
- Make Better Decisions by Increasing Your Emotional IQ
- The Entrepreneurial Lifestyle – Are You Making the Most of It or Just Making Do?
- Improve Your EQ, not Your IQ, for More Successful Relationships
asperger syndrome and codependency asp happiness entrepreneurial couples family volunteering empathy alcohol abuse Traumatic Brain Injury anxiety adoption personality disorders Asperger Syndrome holistic health net practitioner divorce depression theory of mind bipolar disorder brain science Kathy Marshack adults with autism autism statistics Fears and Phobias family business book parenting and children asperger Relationship Advice remote education gifted wealth ADHD autism spectrum disorder support group Marriage Counseling entrepreneurial couples, family business, women in business Cognitive Behavioral Therapy books uncategorized asperger's syndrome baby boomers psychology women in business ADD entrepreneurs depress stress post traumatic stress disorder ptsd narcissistic personality disorder children volunteering
- ADD (9)
- ADHD (42)
- adoption (1)
- adults with autism (116)
- alcohol abuse (5)
- anxiety (26)
- asp (77)
- asperger (148)
- Asperger Syndrome (173)
- asperger syndrome and codependency (26)
- asperger's syndrome (189)
- autism spectrum disorder (65)
- autism statistics (34)
- baby boomers (15)
- bipolar disorder (3)
- book (46)
- books (48)
- brain science (34)
- children volunteering (24)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (1)
- depress (5)
- depression (172)
- divorce (3)
- empathy (7)
- entrepreneurial couples (101)
- entrepreneurial couples, family business, women in business (71)
- entrepreneurs (98)
- family business (101)
- family volunteering (11)
- Fears and Phobias (1)
- gifted (6)
- happiness (19)
- holistic health (35)
- Kathy Marshack (10)
- Marriage Counseling (120)
- narcissistic personality disorder (3)
- net practitioner (9)
- parenting and children (62)
- personality disorders (2)
- post traumatic stress disorder ptsd (6)
- psychology (223)
- Relationship Advice (20)
- remote education (11)
- stress (34)
- support group (72)
- theory of mind (2)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1)
- uncategorized (3)
- wealth (3)
- women in business (60)