Recent studies show that optimism can have a powerful impact on your health. It seems that those who have a positive view of their health often fare better. It has not be proven "how" this works in the body, but studies show interesting results. For a more detailed look at a recent study, read Skip the Vitamins, Use Optimism to Lift Immune System.
If you are not a naturally optimistic person, don’t be discouraged. Here are a
few tips to help you adjust your thinking to a more positive perspective:
1. Start off each day with a positive thought. It will help you set the
tone for how you will choose to think for the day.
2. Smile, smile, smile. Smiling will draw others toward you creating a
positive exchange and will guarantee to lift your mood.
3. Live one day at a time. Stop worrying about the past and the future.
Focus on the present and make that day the best it can be.
4. Find a good support system. Pick associates that are going to
encourage positive thinking and will help you work through your negative
If optimistic thinking still feels difficult, seek professional help. A mental
health care professional will be able to help you uncover the cause of your
negative thinking and provide working tools to guide you through the change.
|ADD & ADHD|
|ASPERGER & MARRIAGE|
|COUPLES IN BUSINESS|
|DEPRESSION & STRESS|
|HIGH CONFLICT DIVORCE|
|MIND & BODY HEALTH|
|ADD in Adults|
|Parenting a Child with ADD|
|Coping with Anxiety Disorders|
|Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder|
|Conquering Fears & Phobias|
|Overcoming Social Phobia|
|Couples at Work & Home|
|Dual Career Couples|
|Families in Business|
|Recognizing High Conflict Divorce|
|Conflict & Communication|
|Couples at Work & Home|
|Love, Sex & Intimacy|
|Maintaining Strong Marriage|
|Dual Career Couples|
|Advice for Singles Only|
|Managing Blood Pressure|
|Releasing Unresolved Stress|
|Am I a Good Parent|
|Coping with ADD/ADHD|
|When to Seek Help|
|Laid-Off from Work|
|What is Career Coach|
|Calendar of Events|
|Related New Stories|
|Enriching Your Live Archive|
|Entrepreneurial Couples Archive|
Enriching Your Life!
Sign up for my FREE newsletter! Get practical tips for you and your family.
Kathy Marshack News
- 3 Tools to Help Psychotherapists Understand the Impact Asperger’s Has on the Whole Family
- Stressed Employees? Six Ways to Reduce Stress in a Family Business
- Entrepreneurs – How to Conquer Your Own Worst Enemy
- Does Your Family Business Need Good Advice?
- Don’t be a Casualty of Social Isolation!
- When Does the Brain Reach Maturity?
- Autism or Narcissism – How Can You Tell?
- 7 Reasons Why Every Entrepreneur Should Keep a Journal
- How Different Are Men and Women on the Spectrum?
- Are 50+ Single Women Disadvantaged Psychologically?
Relationship Advice theory of mind remote education personality disorders adoption asperger syndrome and codependency gifted Cognitive Behavioral Therapy stress asp Kathy Marshack uncategorized emotional intelligence wealth narcissistic personality disorder holistic health autism spectrum disorder alcohol abuse support group post traumatic stress disorder ptsd Marriage Counseling parenting and children divorce Fears and Phobias happiness net practitioner women in business books family business asperger's syndrome adults with autism ADHD asperger entrepreneurial couples depression anxiety Asperger Syndrome book children volunteering brain science psychology empathy depress ADD family volunteering baby boomers bipolar disorder Traumatic Brain Injury autism statistics entrepreneurial couples, family business, women in business entrepreneurs
- ADD (10)
- ADHD (43)
- adoption (2)
- adults with autism (133)
- alcohol abuse (7)
- anxiety (39)
- asp (100)
- asperger (171)
- Asperger Syndrome (201)
- asperger syndrome and codependency (27)
- asperger's syndrome (217)
- autism spectrum disorder (91)
- autism statistics (34)
- baby boomers (17)
- bipolar disorder (3)
- book (46)
- books (48)
- brain science (41)
- children volunteering (24)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (2)
- depress (6)
- depression (178)
- divorce (5)
- emotional intelligence (7)
- empathy (11)
- entrepreneurial couples (120)
- entrepreneurial couples, family business, women in business (73)
- entrepreneurs (111)
- family business (112)
- family volunteering (11)
- Fears and Phobias (4)
- gifted (7)
- happiness (31)
- holistic health (39)
- Kathy Marshack (10)
- Marriage Counseling (134)
- narcissistic personality disorder (6)
- net practitioner (11)
- parenting and children (69)
- personality disorders (3)
- post traumatic stress disorder ptsd (8)
- psychology (233)
- Relationship Advice (41)
- remote education (12)
- stress (44)
- support group (79)
- theory of mind (5)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1)
- uncategorized (3)
- wealth (4)
- women in business (64)